12 January 2015

Monday Mileage

One of the drawbacks to the gym membership I have is that there are certain "blackout dates" which means I'm on my own to figure out how to workout. It can be a bit frustrating, but since the membership is actually free, I don't like to complain about it.

Having said that, after being away for a week and a half, it felt GOOD to get back and get some good workouts in. One of the challenges I have while running on the treadmill is not trusting my legs. I tend to worry too much about not being able to adjust my pace as easily as I can while running outside. But I'm learning to push myself by running "just 30 more seconds" or "just 0.10 further" before slowing down or taking a walk break.

I'm also finding that I'm more comfortable running a faster pace than I am slower one. I just need to work on being able to run at that pace for longer periods of time, but I know that will come over time. With each run I can feel myself getting strong and stronger which is pretty awesome.

My week.......
Monday: 3.31 mile run
Tuesday: 3.1 mile run
Wednesday: 20 minutes of yoga
Thursday : 20 minutes of yoga
Friday: 3.25 mile run
Saturday: 1 mile walk, 30 minutes of yoga
Sunday: 3.2 mile run, 1.5 mile walk, 60 minutes of yoga
Weekly Totals: 15.36 miles

I've been tracking my miles and workouts on Daily Mile. It's pretty awesome to see them rack up! How or where do you keep track of your workouts or miles?

No comments:

Post a Comment