26 January 2015

Monday Mileage

Holy soreness, Batman.

I forgot how much my muscles hate me after strength training. Most of it is self induced. By nature, I am not a competitive person, but when it comes to strength training and lifting weights, I want to lift ALL THE WEIGHT. And apparently do all the squats. I may have over done it, hence the lower mileage this week, but I'm cool with that. My ankle has been a bit tender so backing off has been a good move.

As was the purchase of some new shoes! Here's the deal....I love my Merrells. LOVE THEM. But the nagging "ache" in my ankle wasn't going away and after looking back at my training log, I noticed my first mention of it when I started running in my new shoes. Crap. So, I took myself to Running Fit, our local running store, to see about some new shoes and to get fitted for a pair based on my foot type. What I learned is that I tend to roll my feet out when I walk and run and while the shoes I have were great, they weren't great for me. So after running laps around the store (in my little black dress/business attire because I did this on my lunch break) in various running shoes, I ended up with a new (and least fun) pair of Brooks Ghost 7 running shoes. Friday was my first real run in them and I totally dig these shoes. They felt great on my feet, didn't feel heavy and I was able to "feel" my right foot roll to the outside as I ran. The best thing though is because I could feel my foot roll out, I was able to correct it by consciously leveling out my foot. The result.....no pain in my ankle! So excited. It's going to take some getting used to and adding some additional strength in my feet and ankles (while keeping those calves loose) but I am hoping we're on the right track.


Mileage.....
Monday: 2 mile walk with Bandit
Tuesday: 4 mile run
Wednesday: Personal training session, 1.6 mile walk with Bandit
Thursday: 2.5 mile run, 1.75 mile walk with Bandit
Friday: 3 mile run
Saturday: 2.2 mile walk with Bandit
Sunday:  1.3 miles on the elliptical, yoga class, personal training session, 1.7 mile walk with Bandit

Weekly Total: 18.75 miles (9.25 miles walking, 9.5 miles running)

No comments:

Post a Comment