28 December 2014

New Year Suggestions

For me, each year feels like a clean slate. A moment to stop, take a deep breath and reassess. A moment to set new intentions and goals for myself. It is a way of reminding myself that it is o.k. to focus on, well, me.



Here is my list for the upcoming year.....
  • Yoga Practice: I love doing yoga. I feel better when I practice. Not just on the day I practice, but even the days following. Incorporating a daily practice will help keep me loose after my runs and will help keep me balanced, even if it is only for 15 minutes. I'd also like to work on being able to arm balances, specifically baby grasshopper. I don't know why, but of all the arm balance poses this one intrigues me the most. 
  • Daily Mediation: Along with yoga, daily mediation practice is something I would love to have as part of my daily ritual. I try to sit 4 or 5 times a week but it can be tough with everything going on in daily life. But carving out even 10 minutes to just sit with my breath is something I need to do.
  • Nourish my body: I've been lax when it come to eating well. It's time to spend more time cooking, eating better foods and drinking more water. 
  • Nightly Recharge: In bed by 10pm, up by 6am. It's time to rediscover my mornings. 
  • Write It Out: No matter the topic, it needs to be written out of my head whether it be here on my blog or in my bedside journal. 
  • Run: I've been thinking about my "running" goals in general quite a bit. I love to run and honestly, could write an entire post about my running goals for 2015. But I think it's best to keep it simple. So for the next year, I'd like to log at least 500 miles (or an average of 45 miles per month) and run a 5k (maybe even a 10k). That's it. Two short and sweet goals that are both totally doable.
What do you have planned for yourself in the new year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment